January 8th, 2020
Children born in 2016 or have never attended JK and are new to kindergarten born in 2015 are eligible to register for kindergarten for September 2020.
1. Registration will open ON-LINE as of January 13, 2020
- Visit http://www.wrdsb.ca/register/ (or click on the JK Registration tab on the left hand side of the Groh PS website) and complete the on-line registration form. The school will contact you to set an appointment to complete the registration process by coming to the school and providing the required documentation, see step 4
- If you prefer to fill out a paper registration form please call the school to make an appointment @ 519-748-5987 and ask for Mrs. Schmidt
2. Submit your child’s immunization records to the Region of Waterloo Public HealthVisit the Region of Waterloo web-site at: https://e-immunization.regionofwaterloo.ca/ or call 519-575-4400 ext 13003.
3. Once you have completed the registration form an appointment will be set to come into the school with the following documentation: (documentation must be provided in order to enrol your child)
- Proof of Birth (eg. Birth certificate, passport, PR Card)
- Proof of address (eg. A utility bill with your name on it, or purchase/lease agreement)
- ***Students NOT born in Canada and do NOT have a PR Card will require a letter of admission. Please go online: www.wrdsb.ca/international to set an appointment with the Admissions Officer.
***KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION APPOINTMENTS will be held February 3rd-21st,2020
Please Note: If your child currently attends Groh Public School in JK, there is no need to register for SK as this happens automatically at the school level
Please share this information with your friends and neighbours in our school community!
If you have any questions about the registration process for Kindergarten please, email
Mrs. Schmidt at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Office at 519-748-5987 x3.